Start developing professional code for your Games
If you want to create your first Games the Unity-Engine and C# are the right tools for the job. The Unity-Engine is used by many successful Indie and Triple-A Titles and this course is the best way to get a fundamental understanding of Unity.
Create Games the way you imagine them
Most Hobby-Gamedevelopers struggle with the Programming-Aspect their games and thus are very limited in what mechanics they can implement.
My goal is to unleash your creative freedom by giving you the tools you need to build the games you want to build.
By the end of this course you will have created at least a Console-Game, an Obstacle-Course and a Shoot em up.
I am a devout follower of a practical approach to programming. So this course will be primarily project-based. You won’t just learn dry theory and forget everything within a matter of days but instead apply the learned concepts with practical exercises and projects.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Andreas Metz and I have a Master’s Degree in Science for educating Computer Science & Psychology. I have been teaching Game-Programming in schools and universities for more than 10 years now and as a result I have plenty of experience in what works and what doesn’t when it comes to learning how to code.
My promise to You
This course will be rather demanding. Programming is no easy topic but if you stick to it and do the exercises and projects yourself you will aquire an excellent understanding of the Unity-Game-Engine and have the skills to implement your own 2D-Games.
What is this Unity-C# Course all about?
In this complete Beginners Guide to C# in Unity you’ll not only learn the Essentials of C# and Unity but also how to code with the mindset of a professional Game-Programmer.
This course will cover everything you need to know to start developing your own games including:
Basics of C# and Console Applications
- Creating Console-Applications
- Functions / Methods
- Workflows in Visual Sudio
- Setting up Unity Projects
- Using Physics
- Basic Scripting in Unity
- Differences between classical C# development and Unity
- Moving Objects
- Creating/Destroying Objects
- Handle Collisions
- Fire Projectiles
- Export Projects
- Multiple Levels
- Timers & Cooldowns
- User Interface (Text, Buttons, HP-Bars…)
- Vector-Math for more complex movement
- Rotating Objects
- Common Pitfalls in Unity
- Professional Workflows for Unity-Programming
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Complete Beginners. Programming experience is helpful but in no way required.
- Hobby developers who want to create their own game.
- Gamedesigners or Artists who want to get an understanding of Programming so they can finally create their own game.
- People who want to break into the industry and learn professional workflows for the Unity-Engine.
- Experienced Programmers who want to learn how to professionally work with Unity.
- Students should install Unity and Visual studio to follow along. There are A LOT OF PRACICE EXERCISES throughout the course with downloadable Exercise-Projects. I want you to follow along!
Last Updated 11/2022
Complete Guide to Game Programming – C# and Unity.zip (9.1 GB) | Mirror
Complete Guide to Game Programming – C# and Unity.torrent (222 KB) | Mirror