Many people interpret and decide on what cyber security is, some see cyber security as a continuation of evolved version of it-security, others view it as a completely new branch of security and still others see it as mixture of the two. This course will give you the basics based on actual literature reviews, academic research and personal experience in global projects and work in cyber security, focusing on cyber warfare, espionage, crime and defenses as well as attacks used.
Areas covered in this course include:
1. Introduction into “Cyber”
2. Introduction into what the Cyber Realm and Cyber World are
3. Explanation of Cyber Terms such as what cyber is, what are the definitions of cyber war, espionage, crime, etc.
4. Basic components of Cyber Security such as OSINT, Hacking and Criminal Hackers, Hacker Profiles and Forensics, and much more.
5. Details into Cyber Warfare, Espionage and Crime
6. Updates in 2022 about newer areas that are relevant to cyber defense and security
It is a comprehensive introduction into cyber security and the cyber areas that will help you understand more detailed aspects of the weaknesses, attacks and defenses used to attack or protect critical infrastructure.
If you need more comprehensive “practical” knowledge, we provide courses up to the Mil/DoD spec on these topics.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in security, securing data, information or just yourselves while online
- Anyone who works or is interested in learning about cyber security and cyber research
- People who are just started out in the security field and want a fast, easy way to find out about what cyber security means.
- A brief overview of core cyber principles.
- General security, security awareness and or an interest in technology
- You can get updates to this course from 2021 and 2022 via my books on Amazon
Last Updated 9/2022