A warm welcome to the JUnit 5 course by Uplatz.
JUnit is a popular unit-testing framework in the Java ecosystem. JUnit 5 added many new features based on the Java 8 version of the language. JUnit 5 is the most widely used testing framework for Java applications. For a very long time, JUnit has been doing its job perfectly.
This JUnit 5 course will help you learn how to understanding why unit tests are important, structure of good unit tests, dynamic and parameterized tests, extensions, code coverage, create and execute unit tests with JUnit 5, and many more topics. This JUnit course focuses on the usage of the framework.
JUnit 5 consists of several different modules:
- JUnit Jupiter: JUnit Jupiter includes new programming and extension models for writing tests. It has all new JUnit annotations and TestEngine implementation to run tests written with these annotations.
- JUnit Platform: To be able to launch junit tests, IDEs, build tools or plugins need to include and extend platform APIs. It defines the TestEngine API for developing new testing frameworks that runs on the JUnit platform. It also provides a Console Launcher to launch the platform from the command line and build plugins for Gradle and Maven.
- JUnit Vintage: It provides support to run JUnit 3 and JUnit 4 written tests on the JUnit 5 platform. It’s there is backward compatibility.
JUnit 5 – Course Syllabus
- JUnit Introduction
- Adding JUnit5 dependency in Maven project
- JUnit5 Annotations
- JUnit5 @RepeatedTest Annotation
- JUnit5 Assertions
- JUnit5 Timeouts
- JUnit5 Expected Exceptions
- JUnit5 Parameterized Tests
- JUnit5 How to run Unit Test with Maven
- JUnit5 Tagging and Filtering
- Hamcrest Framework
- Unit Testing on Spring Boot Repository
- Spring Boot Integration Testing
Who this course is for:
- DevOps Engineers
- Automation Test Engineers
- Java Developers – Docker/JUnit
- Java Testing Specialists
- Beginners & newbies aspiring for a career in Software Testing
- Anyone interested in Java testing frameworks
- Java Test Engineers
- Software Test Engineers
- QA Analysts
- Software Developers
- Cloud Engineers
- Java Software Engineers
- DevOps Testing Specialists
- Enthusiasm and determination to make your mark on the world!
Last Updated 10/2022
JUnit 5 – A Complete Practical Guide.torrent (64 KB) | Mirror