Re-designed and upgraded 11/2017!
The Ruby and Ruby on Rails Starter Course, completely re-designed and upgraded in November 2017, provides a simple introduction to programming using Ruby and to Web Applications Development using the Rails framework (Rails 5, but can be applied to Rails 4 as well). This course is for students who have no prior experience in programming and is an optional pre-course to “The Complete Ruby on Rails Developer” or “The Professional Ruby on Rails Developer with Rails 5” courses here on Udemy.
Why Ruby on Rails? Since its introduction, Ruby on Rails has rapidly become one of the most powerful tools for building web applications for startups and existing software houses. Some of the top sites using Ruby on Rails are Basecamp, Twitter, Shopify, Github, LivingSocial, Groupon, Hulu, Airbnb, Yellow Pages and much more.
This course provides a structured introduction to programming, with varied data structures as simple mini projects as developed moving on to Rails where a Todo web app project is developed. It utilizes video and text lectures, homework and exercises. There will also be references to free resources available on the internet to supplement the course materials.
Some features of this course are:
– Ruby programming – introduction to Object Oriented Programming
– Rails 5 using cloud-based Integrated Development Environment
– Rails MVC structure – Models, Views, Controllers
– Model-backed forms
– and much more!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn how to build web applications
- Anyone who wants to get started with Ruby on Rails
- Anyone who wants to learn programming basics
- A modern browser and internet connection
- No prior programming knowledge required
Last Updated 6/2018
Ruby and Ruby on Rails Starter.zip (3.5 GB) | Mirror
Ruby and Ruby on Rails Starter.torrent (91 KB) | Mirror