- Test cases are very important for any project as this is the first step in any testing cycle, and if anything goes wrong at this step, the impacts get extrapolated as you move forward in the software testing life-cycle.
- Knowing how to write good test cases is extremely important for you as a testing resource and believe you me, it doesn’t take too much of your effort and time to write effective test scripts! You just need to follow certain guidelines while writing test cases or as they call it – follow “test case writing best practices.”
In this course, I am going to talk about some simple yet effective tips which you could use for writing effective test cases.
Test case writing is an activity which has a great impact on the testing phase and this makes test cases an important part of the test execution process!
So, writing test cases which are effective as well as reusable is very important; good test cases save a lot of time in the later stages of testing (really!) if you do it right in the first attempt…
Effective Test Cases writing is a skill and you can acquire it only with practice and in-depth understanding of the application for which test cases are being written.
Incorporating some simple tips I have given here will help you master the skill of test case writing.
Test Case Introduction
Write Formatted Test Cases
Use of each and every columns
Test Case Designing Techniques
Test Case Formatting (Basic Excel Features)
Test Case Writing on ALM
Who this course is for:
- Candidate looking opportunity in manual testing
- Manual Tester who are looking to write better test cases or want to improve existing testcases
- Windows machine with basic software like Excel
- Excel 2010 or any upgraded version
- Basic understand of Software Testing concepts
- Basic understanding of different types of testing
Last Updated 7/2022