Welcome to my administration course part 3, this course will cover several topics on SQL administration
Administration rhymes with precaution, and therefore of course with security. We will discuss security and privilege management during 2 hours. We will learn :
- Fixed server roles
- Making a custom role for the server
- What is a schema?
- What is multibase chaining?
- What is Row Level Security?
- And much more
- We will also cover a long chapter on the different isolation modes (READ COMMITED, SERIALIZABLE, SNAPSHOT…), we will also see the different types of constraints (PK,FK,CHECK,UNIQUE…), as well as SEQUENCES, and IDENTITY.
- We will also discuss the change data capture (CDC), many new features released on SQL Server 2016 such as Row Level Security, Dynamic Data Masking (DDM), Temporal Data.
- A very long chapterof 1h30 minutes on RANKING functions such as ROW_NUMBER, OVER and PARTITION BY, ROWS /RANGE UNBOUNDED PRECEDING, FIRST and LAST VALUES, LAG and LEAD,ROW_NUMBER, DENSE _RANK, RANK, NTILE.
- Do you know SARGABLE queries? I let you discover it in this chapter, to rewrite your SQL queries, in a better way, and thus of course, better performance.
Why get into SQL administration?
- SQL is one of the most actively sought after skills in the job market.
- Administering SQL Server today is a full-time job.
- In addition, SQL Server, by its simplicity, allows you to quickly gain skills on specific subjects.
- If you are a Tech Lead, a developer, a future DBA, or any other profession that will tackle SQL, then this course is for you 🙂
- I also made sure that the videos were no longer than 10 minutes, so that it wouldn’t be too boring 🙂
Look at the average of my other courses (4,6/5), and you will see that my courses are quality courses 🙂
Who this course is for:
- Future Database Administrators (DBA)
- Students who want to get started on SQL
- Installation of SQL server on his station + management studio (SSMS)
Last Updated 5/2021