I get it. You’re a software developer who is constantly let down by programming language version managers such as rvm, rbenv, nvm, virtualenv and phpbrew. Every time you try to update or create a new project, you’re stuck battling those tools all day. You also dread moving your app to production or another machine.
Or maybe you’re an ops manager and your developers just handed you a new project to deploy. The only problem is the last 15 commits are “fix stuff” and when you try to run it on your staging server (or worse production!), you get barraged by errors.
The best answer you can get from your developers is “it works for me!”, and now you’re stuck having to assimilate yourself into the ecosystem of whatever stack your developers used for the project. Oops, there goes 2 weeks of your time.
Docker fixes these problems and more. Docker makes it easy to deal with multiple active versions of your favorite language, and getting things running in production becomes a breeze because your app gets built into shiny self contained packages. All you have to do is move them from one environment to the next and you’re good to go.
Are you ready to let Docker make you productive? Dive Into Docker is a course that was carefully crafted to teach you everything you need to know about Docker to start using it in your own projects.
Who Is This Course For?
Anyone who wants to learn all about Docker. You could be a web developer, sysadmin, operations manager, or part of an IT / testing / QA team.
No prior Docker knowledge is necessary to start.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand what Docker is and isn’t
- Install Docker on MacOS, Windows & Linux
- Understand Docker’s ecosystem
- Master Docker in development
- Master Docker Compose in development
- How to “Dockerize” your own web applications
What You’ll Get
- Stream and download 44 DRM-free videos
- Source code for a basic “Dockerized” web app
- Source code for a microservices based web app
- Starter projects for 7 different web frameworks
- Notes that you can download and reference
- Private forum to ask questions and get answers