In this course, you’ll learn about the essentials of the Linux boot process including BIOS, the boot loader, the Linux kernel, and runlevels. Then you’ll watch a demonstration that walks you through the Linux boot process.
Then we’ll look at system logging, covering the syslog standard, facilities, and severities, syslog servers, logging rules, how to determine what files are used for which messages, how to generate your own log messages, and how to automatically rotate log files.
This course is part of the Linux Administration Bootcamp learning path, designed to get you up and running with Linux.
- Understand the key aspects of the Linux boot process
- Learn how to carry out logging in Linux
- Anyone with basic knowledge of Linux who wants to learn more
- Professionals who want to learn more about Linux to enhance their career prospects
- This is an intermediate-level course so some knowledge of Linux is expected. If you’re just starting out, then try our Linux Fundamentals course first.