Mike Meyers and the Total Seminars Team, your source for best-selling cybersecurity courses, brings you this ethical hacking and penetration testing course with your instructor Michael Solomon, Ph.D., CISSP, PMP, CISM. Prepare for the CompTIA PenTest+ PT0-002 exam.
This is NOT a boring voice over PowerPoint course. Michael speaks to you and presents the material in an engaging interactive style that will keep you interested and make it easier to understand. Check out the free sample lectures and you will see the difference.
We’ve added 2 bonus Practice Tests. One practice test covers the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker CEH certification exam. The other practice test covers the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam. Test your readiness to pass either of these industry ethical hacking certification exams.
With 30+ years of experience in security, privacy, blockchain, and data science, and an energetic presentation style, Michael takes his proficiency in network penetration testing and consolidates it into this informative and engaging course.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS COURSE?
Did you know penetration testers’ average salary is $71,929?* And this career is in one of the fastest-growing job markets.
Whether you’re looking to pass the CompTIA PenTest+ certification exam, take your next step in the CompTIA Cybersecurity Pathway, or you’re just looking to learn some awesome ethical hacking skills, you’re in the right place.
Keep in mind there’s much more to being an ethical hacker than what’s covered here, including how to secure a network, however this course focuses on how to be a pen tester. A pen tester plans and scopes a pen test engagement with a client, finds vulnerabilities, exploits them to get into a network, then reports on those findings to the client.
This course shows you how to:
- Use the tools you’ll need to scan networks, crack passwords, analyze and intercept traffic, discover code vulnerabilities, and compromise resources
- Recognize vulnerabilities within a system, run exploits, and suggest solutions to a client to remediate the weak points
- Work within a virtual environment to practice your pen testing skills, including using Oracle VM manager, Kali Linux, Metasploitable, and DVWA
- Scope, plan, and execute a pen test engagement from start to finish
PenTest+ Exam Domain – Percentage of Exam
1.0 Planning and Scoping – 14%
- Compare and contrast governance, risk, and compliance concepts
- Explain the importance of scoping and organizational/customer requirements
- Given a scenario, demonstrate an ethical hacking mindset by maintaining professionalism and integrity
2.0 Information Gathering and Vulnerability Scannings 22%
- Given a scenario, perform passive reconnaissance
- Given a scenario, perform active reconnaissance
- Given a scenario, analyze the results of a reconnaissance exercise
- Given a scenario, perform vulnerability scanning
3.0 Attacks and Exploits – 30%
- Given a scenario, research attack vectors and perform network attacks
- Given a scenario, research attack vectors and perform wireless attacks
- Given a scenario, research attack vectors and perform application-based attacks
- Given a scenario, research attack vectors and perform attacks on cloud technologies
- Explain common attacks and vulnerabilities against specialized systems
- Given a scenario, perform a social engineering or physical attack
- Given a scenario, perform post-exploitation techniques
4.0 Reporting and Communications 18%
- Compare and contrast important components of written reports
- Given a scenario, analyze the findings and recommend the appropriate remediation within a report
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process
- Explain post-report delivery activities
5.0 Tools and Code Analysis 16%
- Explain the basic concepts of scripting and software development
- Given a scenario, analyze a script or code sample for use in a penetration test
- Explain use cases of the following tools during the phases of a penetration test
Exam code: PT0-002
Max. 85 questions (performance-based and multiple choice)
Length of exam: 165 minutes
Passing score: 750 (on a scale of 100-900)
Exam voucher cost: $381
Recommended experience: Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.
HOW DO I TAKE THE COMPTIA PENTEST+ EXAM?
Buy an exam voucher (get your discount voucher at Total Seminars’ website), schedule your exam on the Pearson VUE website, then take the exam at a qualifying Pearson VUE testing center.
WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL ABOUT THE COMPTIA PENTEST+, ANYWAY?
CompTIA’s PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center or online, with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems.
Penetration testing and information security is one of the fastest-growing job categories according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. It predicts that roles requiring these skills will see 28 percent overall growth by 2026.
COMPTIA PENTEST+ VS. EC-COUNCIL CEH CERTIFICATIONS
The CompTIA PenTest+ is your quickest and most cost-effective route to a pen testing certification
The PenTest+ includes the latest mobile and cloud penetration testing skills, including IoT, as well as traditional desktop & server systems (CEH covers only traditional desktop & server systems)
The PenTest+ better matches employer needs by covering not just technical topics, but also business processes, project flow, best practices, and professionalism in pen testing (CEH is strictly technical)
The PenTest+ exam voucher costs $349 (compared to the CEH $1150 non-member plus application fee)
Take a look at these student reviews:
***** “This is an excellent course!! Even in earlier chapters, the instructor gets you going on sample exercises to chop up the theoretical content a little, which always helps. With a course like this, hands-on is everything. I also appreciate that the theoretical parts are NOT TOO LONG AT ONCE!! Total Seminars did a fantastic job of breaking the content up in just the right places. LOVE this course!” – Chris N
***** “Amazing. Well Explained. Detail description for all the fundamental terms.” – Nisarg T
***** “Instruction was excellent. Including notes as resources was a big help! I reviewed the notes while watching the videos and I think that is really going to help me with information retention. The instructor used real-world examples to demonstrate points. Overall, I feel confident I can pass the test after studying the materials and doing the exercises the instructor emphasizes. The instructor also highlighted several key points to study for the exam for maximum preparation.” – Tim W
***** “This is what I was hoping for and it’s much more upbeat than most of the lulling video series’ I’ve seen before.” – John G
***** “This course covers everything in the approved CompTIA PenTest+ certification test. The presenter knows his stuff, has done real work pentests and does a good job of showing off the tools you’ll be quizzed on and how to manipulate and analyze the results. Highly recommend this for anyone with Security+ that is looking to specialize as a pentester. Great place to start!” – Casey D
***** “Very well thought out course. The instructor is very knowledgeable, and the course is laid out in a great way! A lot of time was put into this and it shows!” – Luke P
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in ethical hacking, pen testing, vulnerability testing, and network security
- Anyone looking to prepare for the CompTIA PenTest+ (PT0-002) exam
- Security Analysts, Network Security Ops, Application Security Vulnerability Analysts
- There are no requirements to take this course, nor are there any requirements to sit for the CompTIA PenTest+ exam, however, basic familiarity with networks and network security is suggested
- It’s recommended to be familiar with the information in the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ exams
- Although this course is a CompTIA PenTest+ exam prep, it’s also designed for a broader audience, so those without much network security knowledge can still gain valuable information on pen testing and ethical hacking
Last Updated 6/2022