How to Deactivate UPI >> Deactivating UPI payments becomes one of the important tasks if you’ve lost your mobile phone. Unified Payments Interface (UPI) has become a prominent payment system in India, with UPI transactions crossing over 2,800 million in June. Starting from bill payments to transferring money from one bank account to another, UPI can be used for most tasks that require real-time transfer of funds. All major commercial banks in the country support UPI as a part of the collective goal to transform India into a digital economy.
But with the growth of UPI as a system for enabling digital payments, it has also become important for users to understand what they should do to save their hard-earned money.
In this article, we are detailing the steps you should take to deactivate UPI payments from your linked bank accounts in case you lose your mobile phone.
How to deactivate UPI payments in case you lose your mobile phone
Before beginning with the steps on how you can deactivate UPI transactions in case you lose your mobile phone, it is important to note that you should not share your UPI PIN or any other sensitive details with anyone during the process.
- Block your phone number by calling the customer care service of your network carrier. This will restrict thieves from initiating transactions using your SIM card or lost mobile phone. You may be asked to provide your personal details such as your full name, billing address, and the last recharge or bill amount paid for verification before proceeding with your request.
- Call your bank helpline to get your phone number blocked from your account and ask to disable UPI service.
- File a first information report (FIR) about losing your mobile phone. This can be easily done online for residents of most states in India.
An FAQ page on the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) site talks about blocking a mobile number in case a user has lost their mobile phone. However, there isn’t any workaround available on the site to let users get their UPI access blocked.
- How to Delete Telegram Account in 5 Minutes | Telegram Deactivation
- Battleground India ISO Download | How to Download PUBG
- How to Download Driving Licence Free & Keep Driving Licence on Your Smartphone.
- How to download videos on iPhone/iPad: BlackHole Cut
- How To Cancel Prime Membership In Amazon Follow Step By Step
- How to Book Online Train Tickets via IRCTC Using Easy Steps
- How to Download Vaccine Certificate on WhatsApp In Easy Steps
- How to Close Reddit Open in App Pop-Up Dialog Box In Easy Steps
- How to Play GTA 5 on Android Mobile Using Steam Link or Xbox Game Pass In Easy Steps
- How to Change Name In Truecaller, Delete Account, Remove Tags, In Easy Steps
- How to Withdraw Money from EPF Account Online In Easy Steps
- How to Check iPhone Battery Charge Cycles | Easy Steps
- iPhone Battery Life: How to Check Your iPhone Battery Health 2 Easy Step
- According to Apple: How to Increase iPhone Battery Life and Lifespan
- How to Clean, Customise Your Feed On Twitter | Easy Way
- How to Disable: Windows 10 Users Complain of Pop-Ups Recommending Edge, Bing
- How to Connect Your PS5 Controller With Other Devices Easy Way
- How to Connect Xbox Series X Controller & Xbox Series S Controller With Other Devices Easy Way
- How to Automate iPhone | Automate Tasks iPhone App | 9 Easy Steps
- How to Turn Off Read Receipts On WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, iMessage | 3 Easy Steps